About the Job:
The Plantation Island Resort General Manager role is an island based position, reporting to the Group CEO.
We are offering an attractive salary and bonus package to secure the right person. You will also enjoy a range of executive benefits including accommodation, meals, boat transfers and medical insurance.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished Resort General Manager who can provide effective day to day management, along with strong leadership and strategic direction. We will want you to be inclusive and collaborative, ensuring that you are always looking to develop your staff.
Key accountabilities of the role will include:
- Establishing and implementing an Annual Business Plan to achieve continual improvements in the resort facilities, products and service;
- Driving the annual budgeting process to develop sound financial projections, and maintaining business controls to achieve agreed targets;
- Providing effective mentoring, coaching and support to your management team to further develop the resort leadership group;
- Achieving ongoing improvements through innovation and teamwork, while maintaining a high level of staff productivity and morale;
- Preparing various proposals and reports for submission to the board of Directors, along with timely and effective implementation of Board approved projects and initiatives;
- Maintaining product and service quality standards and initiating corrective action as required;
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation pertaining to the resort operations.
We are seeking an inspirational and experienced resort professional, who shares our desire for continual improvement. You will have both the drive and the ability to position your property as best in class.
Our core values are centred on honesty, respect, communication, teamwork and professionalism; and it is expected that you will have similar personal values.
Required experience, skills and behaviours
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at GM level, ideally in the South Pacific and/or on an island property;
- Results oriented with demonstrated success in delivering tangible improvements in resort presentation, products and service;
- Experience in resort refurbishment / redevelopment projects;
- Effective and inspiring leadership that builds high performance, results oriented teams;
- Collaborative yet decisive management style;
- Demonstrate pride, humility and ambition;
- A high level of integrity with excellent career referees;
- Relevant training and education qualifications and/or industry accreditation.
To be the best value and most popular family island resort in the South Pacific, famous for our friendly Fijian hospitality and authentic Fijian atmosphere
We will build a legacy of exceeding the expectations of all our guests, creating a sense of belonging and yearning to return
We inspire our people to achieve their best in the hospitality industry, encouraging a happy and healthy working environment
Our Tradition and Culture
We respect the protocols of the Chief and the Vanua. We are passionate about sharing our Fijian culture with all our guests.
The protection of our environment, our guests and our people will always lead our actions
Be supportive, innovative, creative and inclusive
Have integrity, loyalty and trust
Be humble, cooperative, take pride and value others
Be inclusive, collaborative, involved and positive
Strive for excellence, continuous improvement and exceptional service